Instagram is one of the world’s most popular social networking sites, with more than one billion monthly active users.
Therefore, the platform is ripe for scams, even though there are many beautifully curated photographs and tales to look through. On Instagram, fraud and cyberattacks are commonplace. This year, we’ve covered some assaults on Instagram, including one that used phishing to get past Gmail’s security measures.
Studies show that excessively using Instagram and other social media sites can harm your mental health. Instagram fought to have an internal study showing the harm the app was doing to teenage girls suppressed in 2021.
Do you worry about maintaining your privacy? Do glitzy influencers test your patience?
A Quick Guide on How to Deactivate or Delete Your Instagram Account
Do you want to concentrate on increasing your productivity rather than spending more time looking through Instagram? Before reading more, take a look at the delete secondary Instagram account post.
Perhaps it’s time to remove your Instagram account entirely or just deactivate it.
To know how to delete Instagram account temporarily, stay with Pinclubhouse.
Which Should You Choose Between Deactivate and Delete?
Deleting your profile is not your only option because Instagram doesn’t want you to leave. You may also decide to turn it off. Also, read more about how to clear Instagram cache ios.
Back up your Insta data by downloading it.
We advise that you make a copy of everything you’ve shared on the Instagram app before deactivating or deleting your account. On the Android and iPhone apps, how to download your Insta data.
To download your Insta data to your iPhone or Android device, follow these steps:
- Touch your photo in the bottom right of the page.
- Press the three lines in the top right. The “Your activity” option.
- To download the information from your account, hit “Download Your Data.”
- Choose “Request Download” after that.
- You can change the displayed one to send the info to another email address.
- Your password is here.
- To request for download, click.
Receiving your file can take anywhere from 48 hours to 14 days. “Your Instagram Data” will be the subject of an email sent to you. To download your file, click the email’s link. Your details, pictures, comments, and other information are typically included in the file. Also, take a look at the poll on Instagram post.
On a computer or mobile browser, how to get your Instagram data.
How to request your data file if you’re using a web browser to use Instagram is as follows:
- In the top corner of the page, click your profile image.
- Select “Settings”.
- “Privacy and Security” should be chosen.
- Press “Request Download” after scrolling down to “Data Download.”
- You may leave the default email you used to log in or enter an email address to receive the download link.
- Select either HTML or JSON as the file format for your data. Utilizing HTML is comparatively simpler.
- Your Instagram password is in the box.
- To request for download, click.
- Within 48 hours, you will receive an email with “Your Insta Data.”Use the email link to download your file.
How to Make Your Instagram Account Inactive
Not quite prepared to give up Instagram yet? Consider cancelling your Instagram account if you think a little break is all you need.
Currently, you cannot cancel your Instagram account using the iPhone or Android app. Also, click on the swipe-up on Instagram. You must use your computer or mobile browser to disconnect from the social networking platform.
The steps for deactivating your Instagram profile on a PC or mobile browser are below.
- Log into the Instagram profile you want to deactivate in a new browser tab.
- In the top right of the page, click the image of yourself.
- Select “Edit Profile” under “Profile.”
- Click “Temporarily disable my account” after scrolling down.
- Choose a justification from the dropdown option under “Why are you disabling your account?” Before picking a cause, you cannot advance.
- Retype the password for your account.
- Select “Temporarily Disable Account” to temporarily disable your Instagram account.
It will be impossible to find your Instagram profile in search results. Your username, photos, likes, following, and comments are still accessible. Also, tap on the delete search history.
Note: Your account will be reactivated once you log in again. Only once per week can you delete your Instagram account.
Activating Your Instagram Account Again
Follow these instructions if you wish to access your Instagram account again after deactivating it.
- Open Instagram via a web browser or the Insta app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Your login information should be entered on the Instagram main page.
- You can log in again by selecting “Login.”
- If you decide to revive your account immediately after deactivating it, you might have to wait up to 24 hours. Deactivation requests are frequently handled after some hours on Instagram. Your account cannot be reactivated until that process is complete.
How to Use Instagram Safely
There are ways to increase your anonymity on Instagram if security and privacy are your top concerns and you’re debating deactivating or cancelling your account.
How to Permanently Delete Your Instagram Account
You must use a computer and a web browser if you want to deactivate your Instagram account completely. Unfortunately, neither the iPhone nor the Android version of the Instagram program allows you to delete an account.
Here’s how to permanently erase your Instagram account.
- Access Instagram from a browser. Make sure you are signed in to the Instagram account you wish to delete if you have several accounts.
- The delete Your Account page can be found there. You must use the direct link because there isn’t a menu item to make it simple to visit this page.
- In the “Why do you want to delete [account name]” box, select the reason why you want to deactivate your Instagram profile from the dropdown option. Additional information could be needed based on the choice you select.
- Retype your Insta account password when you’re finished.
- To permanently remove your account, click the button.
All photographs, likes, followers, & comments connected to your account will be removed immediately. You should have received a message that your profile has been deactivated. We regret having to let you go! Also, we suggest you read the delete draft on Instagram.
Your account has effectively been deactivated at this point. Instagram warns that it could take up to three months for all your account data to be deleted from its servers. Instagram’s Data Policy states that, for legal reasons, some data may be held on its systems for longer than these 90 days.
How to delete Instagram account without password?
Using a cellphone number, you can deactivate an old Instagram account. Tap “Forgot Password” on the login page, then enter your phone number. You will receive a login link from Instagram in your inbox, which you can use to change your password. Once finished, go to the “remove your account” page and do so.
How to delete Instagram account without waiting 30 days?
Scroll down until you find “Temporarily deactivate my account” after tapping on “Edit Profile.” Enter your password and choose one of the options for the reason you’re deleting your account. Pick “Temporarily Deactivate Account” and afterwards select “Yes” to continue.
Instagram might be entertaining but also dangerous for your mental health and privacy. While different people have varied views on how to use social media effectively, it is clear that taking breaks from time to time is essential. It’s possible to deactivate or permanently delete your Instagram account. When you’re ready to utilize social media again, Instagram and all the others will still be there.
How to delete Instagram account on android?
Using a mobile browser to access Instagram:
- To delete your account, go to that page. You will be prompted to log in if you aren’t already logged in to Insta on the web.
- Why do you want to delete [account name]? Please choose an answer from the dropdown menu below. And enter it once more.
- Tap [username] to delete.
How to delete Instagram account on iPhone?
iPhone Instagram app:
- Tap your profile image on the right of the page to access it.
- Select Settings by tapping the top right corner.
- Tap Login details.
- A tap indicates the profile you want to delete.
- Select Remove.